Tuesday, January 31, 2006

 

Adventures with Bus Drivers



Sorry for going dark for a while. I have had a little break and not been guiding so I haven't had very much to say. My next group is in a couple of weeks but in the meantime I have decided to sound off about something that irks me. Namely Bus Drivers. Or to be more specific - overweight, middle aged bus drivers who think that since I am a woman I must be open to their amorous advances. Or to put it less poetically - Why don't they stop hitting on me?

Any female guide - especially the young ones - will tell you the same story. Drivers seem to take our very existence and as invitation. Talk about sexual harassment in the workplace. No I am not interested in coming to your room later on. I don't want to get together after the group leaves and I know I look good - no need to ogle. They are usually married too.

The thing that annoys me the most is that they think they are giving me a compliment by hitting on me. For my part I don't see it that way. "Sure you are sweaty, middle aged, overweight and have only half your teeth, but I am so desperate I would love to have sex with you." How hard up do they think I am.

But this doesn't mean I have altogether ruled out the possibility of finding love in the workplace. I still harbour fantasies of the dashing, young, single (wealthy) participant so inspired by guiding (and besotted by my looks) that he decides to stay and woo me. It could happen. I know someone for whom it did. In the meantime I shall continue to ward off the advances of the drivers and come up with strategies to get the gig as the guide for the JDate tour in May.

Comments:
Good luck with JDate - not that you need it! I forgot to tell you - on a recent bus trip we got a genuinely young and completely hot bus driver - dati too. So there is hope out there, even among bus drivers!

Very funny.

Keep it up.

H
 
A friend of mine married a bus driver in Israel.
 
halevai the harassment would only be coming from bus drivers!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?